Radiologic Technology Mission and Goals
In collaboration with the mission statement of Roxbury Community College:
The Radiologic Technology Program prepares students for evidence-based practice in a rapidly changing, diverse health care environment supported by quality clinical facilities and instruction and a strong core curriculum in general education.
Program Goals and Student Learning Outcomes
Goal 1: Graduates will demonstrate competence in performing entry level medical radiography procedures.
- Students will position patients successfully to produce desired images.
- Students will efficiently, safely, and accurately position patients for exams.
- Students will provide appropriate patient care as determined by their level in the program.
- Students will demonstrate proper use of technical parameters appropriate to their level.
Goal 2: Graduates will demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Students will demonstrate responsibility/critical thinking at the clinical site.
- Graduates will demonstrate problem solving and critical thinking skills appropriately in the work environment.
- Graduates are satisfied with their training and can meet the needs of the community.
Goal 3: Students/ Graduates will actively participate in professional development and life-long learning activities.
- First year students demonstrate professionalism in the clinical setting.
- All students demonstrate professionalism in the clinical setting.
- Senior students will have developed an appreciation for advanced education as part of the HLT 270 Topics course.
- Graduates will demonstrate a dedication to professional growth and development.
Goal 4: Students/ Graduates will demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills.
- Students explain upcoming procedures and examinations professionally.
- Students demonstrate proper explanations of procedures and examinations professionally.
- Senior students demonstrate competence in writing professional research paper.
- Graduates will demonstrate competence in communicating with patients, peers, and staff members.