Radiologic Technology Mission and Goals
In collaboration with the mission statement of Roxbury Community College:
The Radiologic Technology Program prepares students for evidence-based practice in a rapidly changing, diverse health care environment supported by quality clinical facilities and instruction and a strong core curriculum in general education.
The goals of the Radiologic Technology Program are in accordance with nationally recognized Standards of Practice (ASRT), Standards of Ethics (ARRT) and Standards of Accreditation (JRCERT).
Graduates will demonstrate competence in performing entry-level medical radiography procedures.
Graduates will demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving skills.
Graduates will actively participate in professional development and life-long learning activities.
Graduates will demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills.
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Graduates will accurately position patients.
- Graduates will provide quality patient care
- Graduates will practice radiation safety
- Graduates will perform non routine exams
- Graduates will modify technical factors
- Graduates will demonstrate leadership skills
- Graduates will demonstrate professional behaviors
- Graduates will demonstrate professional verbal communication skills
- Graduates will demonstrate effective written communication skills