facebook twitter


Transfer Scholarship/FAQ

Transfer Scholarship/FAQ Transfer Scholarships are available at the following schools:

Scholarship Process and Scholarship Database


Please note: You have to apply and be accepted at the college/university in order to be eligible for the scholarship.

National Transfer Scholarships at Roxbury Community College:

  • Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Scholarship (fall only)
  • ALL USA Community College Scholarship (fall only)
  • Edwards Scholarship Fund (fall only, Boston residents only)

 Please note: These scholarships can be used for transfer to the school of your choice.

ASA (American Student Assistant) located in the basement of The Boston Public Library, Copley Square has an enormous amount of information available about the financial aid process and finding scholarships. 

Boston College Planning Center, Copley Square
Boston Public Library, lower level
700 Boylston Street
Boston MA, 02116

Monday – Thursday: 9:00 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Friday – Saturday: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.

Frequently Asked Questions:

 Question.  How do I transfer?
 Answer. Consider the following things prior to transfer:

  • Career choice
  • Major
  • Affordability (Cost)
  • Location
  • Does RCC have a transfer agreement with the specific school

If you can answer these questions you will be able decide what schools to apply to for transfer.

Q. Can I transfer before graduating?
A. Yes, you can transfer with as little as 9 college-level credits to a four year college or university; however, most transfer agreements at RCC require that a student earns the Associates Degree.   Please note: Scholarship money is often awarded to Associate Degree graduates..

Q. How do I find out about a college or university?
A. You can do research about a particular school by visiting their website.  Please pay special attention to information on their website specific to transfer students. Websites are extremely helpful; they can provide the following information:

  • Applications
  • Application deadlines
  • Listing of majors at the college
  • Information specific to transfer students
  • Cost of attendance
  • Financial aid procedures
  • Phone numbers for contacts
  • Open house dates
  • Location information.

Q. Will all of my credits transfer?
A. The school that you are transferring to determines transferability of credits.  However, certain transfer agreements do award full transfer of credits.
(Please consult with a transfer counselor.)

Q. How do I get more information from transfer services?
A. Please attend the transfer information sessions sent via your RCC email or continue to visit this website.

Articulation Agreements

as of Fall 2015

RCC MajorDegree4-year College4-year MajorYear Active
Accounting AS Mass Coll. Liberal Arts Business Administration 2010
Any Major AA/AS Cambridge College See agreement 2013
Bus Administration AA New England College of Bus. BS Business 2012
Business Management AS Mass Coll. Liberal Arts Business Administration 2010
Criminal Justice AS UMass Lowell Criminal Justice 2014
Early Childhood Education AS Wheelock College Human Development, Early Childhood Education 2010
Liberal Arts AA Wheelock College Human Development, Child Life Concentration 2010
Nursing (RN) AS Emmanuel College Nursing 2012
Nursing (RN) AS Chamberlain College (online BS Nursing 2013
Social Science AA Wheelock College Social Work 2010
Social Science AA Eastern Nazarene College Social Work 2012
Social Science AA Assumption College Social Work 2013
*YearUp Certificate Certificate RCC Business/IST 2015
Bus, Hum, Soc Science AA/AS Northeastern University Bus, Hum, Soc Science 2015

Transfer Programs


MassTransfer integrates and replaces the Commonwealth Transfer Compact, Joint Admissions, and  the Tuition Advantage Program into a single transfer policy. Mass Transfer is effective for all degree-seeking students who enter Roxbury Community College after fall 2009.

For students completing an Associate Degree under a MassTransfer major at a Massachusetts community college:

A student completing an Associate degree program under MassTransfer will have graduated with a minimum of 60 credit hours and will have completed the following 34-credit general education transfer block, exclusive of developmental coursework.

English Composition/Writing 6 credit hours Behavioral and Social Sciences 9 credit hours Humanities and Fine Arts 9 credit hours Natural or Physical Science   7 credit hours Mathematics/Quantitative Reasoning 3 credit hours
Transferring after completing an Associate Degree under MassTransfer offers many benefits:

  • No application fee
  • No application essay
  • Automatic satisfaction of most or all general education requirement
  • Guaranteed transfer of credits
  • Guaranteed admission
  • 33% Tuition waiver

For non-Associate Degree graduates under the MassTransfer Block at a Massachusetts community college:

English Composition/Writing:                6 credit hours
Behavioral and Social Sciences:            9 credit hours
Humanities and Fine Arts:                     9 credit hours
Natural or Physical: Science:                 7 credit hours
Mathematics/Quantitative Reasoning:     3 credit hours

The Mass Transfer Block refers to a set of general education, core, or distribution requirements, consisting of 34 college-level credits.  The Mass Transfer Block provides any student in the Massachusetts public higher education system who completes it with the benefit of satisfying the general education core requirements at any other public higher education institution.
To view RCC Mass Transfer agreements and to get a Mass Transfer application, please go to http://www.mass.edu/masstransfer/Students/Application.asp

Transfer Programs:

CROSS REGISTRATION enables students to sample the environment of a four-year college or university while enrolled at RCC.  You sign up for cross-registered courses at the same time you register for RCC courses.  No late registration is permitted. You must have completed one semester at RCC in order to cross register. (A student does not have to be an RCC graduate to participate in this program).

Cross Registration is possible with:

  • Massachusetts College of Art  - Requires a strong interest in art.
  • Northeastern University - Requires completion of English Comp I & II, 2.75 GPA, 30 earned college-level credits.
  • Suffolk University - Allows students in their last semester at RCC to enroll in one course.  A grade point average of at least 3.0 is required.
  • University of Massachusetts Boston (UMB) - Requires students to enroll in at least 12 credits at RCC.  The additional 3 or 4 credit course can then be taken at UMB.
  • Wheelock College - Students interested in early childhood or elementary education, child life or social work can take up to two courses at Wheelock.