Space Rental Information
Space Rental Facilities at Roxbury Community College:
Roxbury Community College makes its meeting and conference facilities available for rental to corporate and governmental groups, academic institutions, and community-based organizations. Rental spaces are available at the Reggie Lewis Track and Athletic Center, Media Arts Center, and the Academic and the Student Center Buildings.
If you're planning an event for a small or large group, you'll find our facilities welcoming and our staff anxious to please. Function spaces range from intimate seminar/instructional rooms to conference-sized accommodations to a gymnasium capable of seating 1,300 people.
Our Scheduling Office can assist you in tailoring a package of facilities, services, materials, and special events to meet your needs. We can provide complete coordination of arrangements, including developing a budget, arranging for a lectern, a sound system, tables and chairs, etc., and referrals for catering, lodging, and special activities in the Boston area. We cordially invite you to visit the campus for a first-hand look at our facilities.
Please note that applications for space reservations must be submitted no later than 14 days before an event. Earlier submission is strongly recommended. We advise you not to advertise or otherwise promote your event until our Scheduling Office confirms your reservation in writing.
For further information and application assistance, please contact our Scheduling Office at 617 541 2470. Office hours are 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. We would be very pleased to welcome you to the campus and show you our facilities.
Available Rental Facilities:
The Reggie Lewis Track and Athletic Center, which opened in 1995, is a state-of-the-art facility, which was built by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts in the heart of the city. It was designed to host statewide public high-school track meets, to serve as the home base for the College's intercollegiate and intramural athletics and for, and it frequently serves as a site for national track events. In addition to accommodating a wide variety of athletic activities, the Center has facilities for meetings and conferences, which are available to the public.
The field house seats 3,500 and contains a state-of-the-art 200-meter oval running track, an 8-lane 55-meter dash runway, and provisions for high jump, long/triple jump, and pole vault. It also contains four court areas for tennis, volleyball, or basketball.
The gymnasium has a capacity of 500 (bleacher seating). There is one regulation and two practice basketball courts, with provisions for volleyball and wrestling. It can seat 1,300 persons in its assembly configuration.
Three multi-purpose rooms (Rooms #'s 214, 216, and 218) capacity is 200 seated with tables and chairs and 300 (auditorium style). Divided each room can accommodate 40-60.
Two seminar rooms (Room #'s 211, 217) have a capacity of 25 (classroom style).
The dance studio has a hardwood floor with wall-to-wall mirrors with capacity of 30.
Theatre/ Arts Facilities
The Media Arts Center was completed in 1987. Built of block and brick construction, this 30,000 gross square feet (17,300), three-floor modern structure with a fully functional basement, is the Performing and Visual Arts Center of the College. It's 5,270 square feet; two-floor auditorium/theater has a 500 seat-capacity. The Media Arts Center is ideal for concert and theatrical productions, exhibits, and conferences. The Media Arts Center consists of various spaces for a range of events such as concerts, plays, conferences, and graduations.
The Main Stage (Auditorium) has a capacity of 500 (theater seating). The house surround sound system, large lighting inventory and clear-com system are available for productions. A green room and men and women's dressing rooms are also available.
Meeting/ Conference Facilities
The Academic Building is where the majority of RCC classes are held. Classroom space is available based on the RCC class schedule.
The Student Center Cafeteria can accommodate 250 people auditorium style.
Facilities Reservation Policy:
• All activities, events, and functions must be compatible with the mission and goals of Roxbury Community College (Academic Building, Student Center, Media Arts Center, Reggie Lewis Track and Athletic Center).
• Requests for space are on a first come-first serve basis and must be submitted in writing on the organization's letterhead no later than two (2) weeks prior to the event. Earlier submission is strongly recommended.
A REQUEST DOES NOT GUARANTEE A SPACE. WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU DO NOT ADVERTISE YOUR EVENT UNTIL YOU RECEIVE WRITTEN CONFIRMATION AND IT IS SIGNED AND RETURNED WITH A 20% DEPOSIT.
Written requests should be mailed or faxed to: Scheduling Office, Reggie Lewis Track and Athletic Center, 1350 Tremont Street, Roxbury Crossing, MA 02120, 617 541 2466 (fax)
• The Scheduling Committee reviews all applications. Approval is based on the purpose of the event and the availability of the requested space.
• A representative is encouraged to visit the Scheduling Office prior to the event to view the space and to review support and setup needs, RCC rules and regulations, and expected fees.
• A 20% non-refundable deposit is required upon written confirmation of a reservation seven (7) days after notification.
• Special permission must be given in order for alcohol to be sold or distributed on campus. If permission is granted a Liquor License must be acquired from Boston City Hall.
• Parking is available at RCC parking lots.
• All set up requests must be made within (5) business days of the event. Changes or additions requested within three (3) business days of the event will not be guaranteed.
• Roxbury Community College is a smoke-free and drug free environment.
• Campus security may be required for an event. Additionally Boston Police may be required for any event where monies are being exchanged and or alcohol served.
• All persons entering upon the premises - guests and special events and function attendees—are required to follow the College's standing rules and regulations regarding personal behavior and the use of facilities.
• All users of the College's facilities are required to present a certificate of insurance listing RCC as additional insured, including but not limited to personal liability and property damage. If a group does not hold a certificate of insurance then the standard RCC liability waiver form may be signed in its place. All users of the College's facilities agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the College and any of assignee from and against possession, control, use, occupancy and/or maintenance of the College's facilities. The College reserves the right to cancel or stop functions at which unlawful or improper activities may or do occur.
Internal Request Form (For RCC Staff use only)
Facility Fee Schedule:
|Lecture Hall Rm. 121||$40.00 per hour / 2 hour min.|
|Classroom||$90.00 per day|
MEDIA ARTS CENTER
|Main Stage||$300.00 per hour|
|Main Lobby||$50.00 per hour|
|Cafeteria||$100.00 per hour|
REGGIE LEWIS TRACK AND ATHLETIC CENTER
|Entire Field House||$225.00 per hour/ 2 hour min.|
|Infield Only||$30.00 per court/ 2 hour min.|
|All usage||$125.00 per hour / 2 hour min.|
|Seminar Room 211||$25.00 per hour / 2 hour min.|
|Seminar Room 217||$25.00 per hour / 2 hour min.|
|Multi-Purpose Room 214||$30.00 per hour / 2 hour min.|
|Multi-Purpose Room 216||$30.00 per hour / 2 hour min.|
|Multi-Purpose Room 218||$30.00 per hour / 2 hour min.|
|Dance Studio||$25.00 per hour / 2 hour min.|
*Additional fees will apply according to the needs of the event.