Student Resources & Opportunities
Facilitated Study Groups (FSGs)
FSG's are small study groups for STEM courses. These study groups are essential components of the UMLSAMP and Bridges projects and are led by RCC professors or other professionals in the subject area. FSG's are held for the following courses at RCC:
- College-Level Mathematics
For more information about FSG's, please contact:
STEM Opportunities at STEMOpportunities@rcc.mass.edu
Students who need tutorial services in other subject areas are encouraged to contact The Learning Center in Room 3-207.
The Math Clinic at Roxbury Community College is committed to drop-in accessibility as it supports students to succeed in all levels of mathematics by providing a safe environment to ask questions, study for tests, and complete homework assignments. Students who struggle with math are equally welcome as those for whom math is a major concentration. We are located in room 206 of the Academic Building.
For more information, see our moodle page:
Below please find examples of recent "paid" internships for Roxbury Community College students.
- Student Paid Opportunity: NSF-REU (Research) @ BU Boston University
- Bridges Registration Form 2011
- Recommendation Internship and Biotech Workshop Feb 2011
- 2012-2013 STEM Paid Internships
- Akami Technologies
- The Mass Life Science Center: A Dream Internship For Both Students and Employers
- Helicopter Training
- Massachusetts Clean Energy Internship Program
- Dana Farber - CURE
- MIT Center for Materials Science and Engineering Community College Program
- Stipend, Tuition, and Research Opportunity in STEM Fields (Funded by the Department of Homeland Security)
- Biomedical Science Careers Student Conference
The Westin Hotel Copley Place, Boston, Massachusetts