Do you have a passion for teaching and caring for young children? Are you working in early childhood education as a teacher, teacher assistant, or family child care educator and looking for a credential that will increase your earning power? Are you an early childhood education professional looking to refresh your knowledge base and skill set?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then RCC’s Child Development Associate Plus (CDA Plus) Program can help you meet your career goals.
The Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential™ is the most widely recognized credential in early childhood education (ECE) as well as an integral component of career advancement in the field. RCC’s CDA Plus Program is designed to exceed the requirements for earning a CDA credential preparing you to earn this nationally-recognized qualification.
Benefits of the program include:
- Expert Instruction – RCC’s full-time faculty in early childhood education teach CDA Plus courses. Our professors are experts in their fields, with extensive knowledge of best practices and broad experience in the field.
- Financial Aid Eligibility – Our program grants RCC credits for each course, allowing students to apply for financial aid to cover the cost of the CDA.
- CDA Application Fee - All students who complete the program qualify to have their CDA application fee ($425) included at no additional charge.
- CDA Book – Your CDA Council for Professional Recognition book is included at no additional charge.
ACS 102: The College Experience (3 credits)
ECE 100: Foundations of Early Childhood Education (3 credits)
ECE 101: Child Growth and Development (3 credits)
ECE 105: Health, Safety, and Nutrition (3 credits)
Classes begin during the Spring Semester, which starts on Wednesday, 1/22/2019. We are also offering CDA Plus courses during Spring Access (late start), which begins on Monday, 2/3/2020.
Ready to Get Started?
- To apply for the CDA Plus Program, complete the online application. For question 56, select “Certificate of Childhood Education” from the drop-down list. Note that you must complete the college placement exam during the registration process.
- Have questions or need more information? Contact Early Childhood Education Director Sarah Montoya at firstname.lastname@example.org with program questions. Questions about the application process can be directed to Assistant Dean of Admissions Kandley Val at email@example.com.