For Credit Based Internships and Co-ops: students need to complete a minimum of 150 hours
For Non-Credit based internships- students must be compensated
- Fill out Employer Inquiry Form in order to provide a description of your organization and job description.
- Contact Coordinator of Cooperative Education for information about internship opportunities and what responsibilities are appropriate for an internship or co-op job.
- Coordinator will match students with opportunities that best aligns with student’ skills and academic and career goals.
- Interview Candidates.
- Fill out RCC Credited Internship Agreement (for credit-based internships only)
- Hire, train and oversee student(s).
- Provide a timekeeping system for credit based internships.
- Coordinator and/or Faculty Advisor will come for site visit.
- Evaluate intern (Employer Evaluation Form), co-op student by email survey.
For Career Fairs, Speaker Series and Other Recruiting opportunities contact the Coordinator of Cooperative Education
For specific department academic outcomes see Faculty Advisor
- Develop technical skills and professional communications in a work setting.
- Understand industry and organizational structures, culture, and ethics.
- Apply and reflect on the connections to academic theory and practice.
- Strengthen critical thinking, research skills, and problem-solving skills.
- Develop awareness of self, others, and social responsibility in a work, career, and global context.
- Establish a network of professional contacts, mentors, and references.