The College-Level Examination Program® (CLEP) helps you receive college credit for what you already know, for a fraction of the cost of a college course. Developed by the College Board, CLEP is the most widely accepted credit-by-examination program, available at more than 2,900 colleges and universities.*
*2016, The College Board
CLEP website: https://clep.collegeboard.org/
CLEP FOR RCC STUDENTS
Roxbury Community College welcomes students from a wide variety of backgrounds and learning experiences. Many students come to our institution with a solid understanding in a particular discipline and we recognize their prior learning through the College-Level Examination Program® (CLEP®) exams. The CLEP exams provide an opportunity for students to earn college credit for prior knowledge and skills and have them counted toward their Roxbury Community College degree requirements.
Click here for the list of CLEP exams accepted at RCC.
When CLEP exam credit is awarded, it will appear as transfer credits on the student's Roxbury Community College transcript and will not be calculated into their GPA.
- Check our list of CLEP exams accepted at RCC.
- Speak with an Advisor to decide if CLEP is right for you.
- Study materials are available in the RCC library and in the Writing Center. The CLEP website also has sample questions and study guides.
- Go to https://clep.collegeboard.org/register/exam to purchase a ticket ($80) for the CLEP exam you want to purchase.
- When you buy your ticket, select RCC as the Score Recipient. This means that after you take the exam, CLEP will send your official score report to the Registrar's Office at RCC so credits can be placed on your transcript.
- Make an appointment. RCC charges $25 dollars to proctor CLEP exams. The fee will be collected on exam day and must be paid with a check or money order. Click here to make an appointment for a CLEP test at RCC.
- Note: RCC students are not required to take their CLEP exams at RCC. You may make an appointment at any other CLEP test center if that is more convenient. The CLEP website lists all of the locations where students may take CLEP exams.
CLEP FOR NON-RCC STUDENTS
Non-RCC students may register to take CLEP exams at RCC's Testing Center.
Check your school's CLEP policy before purchasing a ticket from the College Board.
Once you have purchased your ticket, you can make an appointment at RCC. We charge a $25 proctoring fee for each exam. Click here for our online appointment form.
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR STUDENTS WITH DISABILITIES
Test takers with documented disabilities can apply for testing accommodations. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Testing Department at 617-708-3628 for more information.
If you took a CLEP exam in the past and need the official transcript sent to RCC or another college, you must submit a transcript request to CLEP. Click here for CLEP's Transcript Request form.