Welcome to IT
Determining Your Operating System Version
- Right Click on the "My Computer" icon
- Select "Properties"
- In the Dialog box that appears, under the "General" tab, there will be a "System" heading with the Operating System listed below.
- Earlier than OS X
- Select the Program name in the upper right hand corner and change it to "Finder"
- Click the Apple in the upper left hand corner
- Select "About This Computer"
- In the dialog box that appears, you will see "Version" with the Operationg System version following
- OS X
- Click the Apple in the upper left handcorner
- Select "About this Mac"
- In the dialog box that appears, under Mac OS X you will see "Version" listing the version of the Operating System