The mission of the Language Department is to help all students learn a second language.
- To provide academically oriented language instruction that is both engaging and accessible to our learners.
- To assist learners in gaining confidence and skill in reading, writing, speaking, and listening in the new language.
- To prepare learners for courses in their majors.
- To encourage learners to pursue their academic goals and attain a college degree or certificate.
- To provide cultural orientation, academic and career guidance and to promote intercultural understanding.
ESOL We provide English language training for speakers of other languages to help them succeed in academic or occupational training programs. At the same time, they will increase their options for participation in American society and develop an awareness of individual potential and opportunities for lifelong learning.
Foreign Languages We provide instruction in Spanish, French and Arabic to help all learners succeed in academic and employment situations where an understanding and/or mastery of these languages is needed.