Below are some comments written
by visitors about the wonderful quilts.
"I love the quilts. It’s amazing seeing
them all coming into the
"The beautiful artwork certainly enlivens the
atmosphere at the library."
"They are absolutely stunning. Being a quilter
myself I find them to
"I think the quilts show the hard work that
these sisters put into them. They are very nice."
"These quilts are excellent and the Kraft shows
a master piece of “show me some more”, and to sum it
up how much do they cost?"
If they are for sale. "
- "These quilts are lovely! Amazing art."
- "Such beautiful quilts. They gave me such a joyous feeling."
- "Great Job"
- "Their handy work is just too good a job."
- "I really like the quilts, the creativity is outstanding and
I really appreciate the fact that they were brought here for us to
- "I am blown away by the colors and meanings behind some of
the quilts. Makes me want to go out and learn how to put together
something as beautiful as these quilts."
- "They are a feast for the eyes and the soul."
- "Wow, very palpable! Almost brought me to tears. I love the
fact that throughout all of the years it is still meaningful. I hope
we can all appreciate what we have now and the people who have made
it possible. We can continue to have hope and dream big! RCC did a
great job! Very proud!"
- "Thank you for bringing your beautiful creation to RCC! They
are an inspiration and a joy."
- "These quilts are so beautiful!!! They simply took my breath
- "I think the quilts are beautiful. Thanks for displaying them
at RCC. They signify something that at one time was very important
to African Americans and has lost its importance."
- A beautiful piece of art, true to the heart. Breathtaking".
- "I want them!"
- "These pieces of art are dynamic! They are beautiful and represent
such great talent. Just wonderful. So glad RCC has such great taste
for this work of art!"
- "These quilts are amazing. Favorites #23,24,25."
- "This is a breath taking exhibition of an art form that has
played a central role in the saga of Black liberation in America.
The cultural and political symbolism in these quilts is very powerful.
I think the college should acquire some or all of these quilts from
the artists and make them part of the library's depository of cultural
- "I really enjoyed viewing the quilts. I can't even imagine
how much time & energy it took for you all to accomplish this.
Thank you for sharing."
- "Beautiful exhibit, very warm."
- "It's a beauty to know man can accomplish, what human beings
can do with their hands and brains. They are beautiful quilts and
I enjoy visting the library."
- "With all the work you have put in making these quilts, you
have done a beautiful job."
- "Thank you for the beautiful quilts!"
- "Excellent, thanks for the exhibit."