Do you value health and fitness and want to empower others to do the same? Start an exciting and rewarding path as a Certified Personal Trainer. This challenging course provides candidates with live class instruction and an in-depth, hands-on practical lab to master the essential career skills and knowledge. Students who successfully pass the exam at the end of the course obtain Level 1 Certified Personal Trainer, and are able to apply for work right away with proof of CPR/AED certification. Bonus: Students can also participate in an optional internship to obtain Level 2 certification.
- Lecture (15 hrs): Key topics such as biomechanics, exercise physiology, fitness testing, equipment usage, health assessment
- Practical Training Labs (15 hrs): Role playing drills on assessing clients, programming, performing proper exercises, presentation skills, & more
- 2-Part Exam (6 hrs): December 5 & 7
Tuesdays & Thursdays from 6:15 – 9:15 pm
Class from October 17 – November 16 (5 weeks)
2-Part Exam on December 5 & 7
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- High School Diploma, GED or HiSET
*Includes reg fee, textbook, study manual, access to online study tools, and national certification exam fee)
Note: Students are responsible for obtaining CPR/AED certification prior to the exam at the end of the course.