Roxbury Community College will disclose information from a student's education records only with the written consent of the student except:
To school officials who have a legitimate educational interest in those records.
A school official is:
- Employed by Roxbury Community College in an administrative, supervisory, academic or staff position
- A member of the Board of Trustees
- A person employed by orb under contract to Roxbury Community College to perform a special task, such as an attorney or audit
A school official has a legitimate educational interest if the official is:
- Performing tasks that are specified by their position, description or contract agreement.
- Performing a task related to a student's education.
- Performing a task related to the discipline of a student.
- Providing a service or benefit relating to the student such as health care, counseling or financial aid.
- To certain officials of the U.S. Department of Education, the Comptroller General and the state and local educational authorities, in connection with certain state and federally supported educational programs.
- In connection with a student's request for or receipt of Financial Aid, as necessary to determine the eligibility, amount or conditions of the Financial Aid, or to enforce the terms and conditions of the aid.
- If required by state law requiring disclosure that was adopted before November 19, 1974.
- To organizations conducting certain studies for or on behalf of Roxbury Community College.
- To accrediting organizations to carry out their functions.
- To comply with a judicial order or a lawfully issued subpoena.
- To appropriate parties in a health or safety emergency.