Become a more effective communicator today!
Practice crafting and improving your written technique and oral presentations. Course culminates with each student’s own short presentation before a small audience of professionals.
In this course you will:
- Study factors for effective communication: clarity, organization, tone, delivery
- Identify and target your audience
- Practice crafting the most common business formats: memos, reports, email, proposals
- Recognize and remove jargon, redundancy, and unnecessary phrases
- Develop brainstorming techniques to start writing
- Learn to write concisely and quickly
- Create effective power point slides to support your presentation
- Understand graphic rules of thumb: color, background, text, images, formatting
- Acquire the confidence to communicate clearly and effectively
From July 31 to August 30, 2017
Mondays and Wednesdays, 6:00pm-8:00pm
$230 + $10 registration fee
The course has no textbooks or prerequisites.
Program starts on July 31, 2017