COMPREHENSIVE 270 HOUR PROGRAM
- 120 hours of classroom instruction, lab exercises, pharmacy calculations and hands on training
- 150 hours of internship at CVS Pharmacy
Students are introduced to pharmacology, pharmacy calculations, physiology and pathophysiology.
Familiarize yourself with medication preparation, medication dispensing, drug interactions, pharmacy law, drug classes, liability and much more.
- Students should be 18 years old or older to register
- High School Transcript or G.E.D.
- Students must undergo a Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) check
- Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE)
Graduates will be prepared to take the National Pharmacy Technician Certification (PTCB) Exam. Upon passing the PTBC exam, graduates will be able to register as Pharmacy Technicians.
*Students who fail the PTBC exam have the opportunity to become registered Pharmacy Technicians by interning for 500 hours at a CVS pharmacy.
$1,800 (includes books, lab fees, externship and IPBC examination fees)
September 13, 2016 to January 24, 2018
(Winter break from 12/25/17 -1/5/18)
Mondays & Wednesdays
6:00 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Program starts September 13, 2017
Approved by the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Pharmacy