Comprehensive 300 Hour Program
- 140 hours of classroom instruction, lab exercises, and clinical skills training
- 160 hours of internship at a neighboring accredited medical facility
This program is designed to prepare students to function as professionals in multiple healthcare settings. Medical Assistants with a clinical background perform various clinical tasks including assisting with the administration of medications and with minor procedures, performing an EKG, obtaining lab specimens for testing, educating patients and more.
Clinical Medical Assistant Training Overview:
This course will introduce students to the clinical responsibilities of a medical office. Topics covered include preparing patients for examination and treatment, routine laboratory procedures, diagnostic testing, technical aspects of phlebotomy, the cardiac life cycle, ethics, and the legal aspects of healthcare, pharmacology, vital signs, electrocardiography and stress testing, and the function and use of an EKG machine with proper lead placement.
- High School Transcript or G.E.D
- Students must undergo a Criminal Offense Registry Information (CORI) and Sexual Offense Registry Information (SORI) background check
- Academic Assessment
- Proof of Immunizations (TDap, MMR, Varicella, HepB, Meningococcal, & TB)
- Negative TB test (or chest x-ray)
This course will prepare students for the National Healthcare Association (NHA) Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) national examination.
September 4 – December 18, 2019
Monday & Wednesday: 6:00pm-9:30pm
Every Other Saturday: 9am-4:30pm (9/7, 9/21, 10/5, 10/19, 11/2, 11/16)
$2,954 (Tuition and books)
To register or for more information:
Visit us in Building #4 (closest to the parking lot), Room 102. Monday- Thursday 8:30 a.m to 6:00 p. m & Friday 8:30 a.m .to 5:00 pm