COMPREHENSIVE 50 HOUR PROGRAM
Comprised of classroom instruction covering lead placement for 12-lead electrocardiography, Holter monitoring and the echocardiogram, EKG strip analysis, and more.
The EKG Technician Profession
EKG technicians are in demand! EKG technicians work in physician’s offices, hospitals, clinics, and other healthcare facilities and organizations. EKG technicians also work for insurance companies to provide data for health and life insurance policies. Similar to other growing healthcare professions, the demand for EKG technicians is expected to continue to grow substantially. Approximately 5% more EKG technician jobs will be available by the year 2018.
The EKG Technician Program
This EKG Technician program prepares students to function as EKG technicians. This course covers the following key areas and topics:
- Detailed anatomy and physiology of the heart
- Medical disease processes and terminology
- Medical ethics and legal aspects of patient contact
- Electrocardiography and echocardiography
- An introduction to the components, function, and proper use of the EKG machine
- The normal anatomy of the chest wall for proper lead placement
- 12-lead placement and other practices
June 4 - July 25, 2019
Tuesdays and Thursdays
6:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- High School Transcript or G.E.D
- Students must undergo a Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) check
- Proof of Immunizations
- Negative TB test (or chest x-ray)
After the successful completion of this program, students will be prepared to sit for the American Society of Phlebotomy Technicians, Inc. (ASPT) Certified EKG Technician (CET) exam.
$1,199 + Exam Fee (textbooks included)
To register or for more information:
Call: 857-701-1607 or http://bit.ly/rccellform