COMPREHENSIVE 80 HOUR PROGRAM
Enroll in one of the fastest-growing careers in the healthcare industry today!
Secure employment at physician’s practices, hospitals, pharmacies, physical therapy practices, chiropractic practices, long-term care facilities and many other healthcare providers.
This program delivers the skills students need to solve insurance billing and coding problems. It details proper assignment of codes and the process to file claims for reimbursement.
The Medical Billing & Coding Program
This program prepares students to assist physicians by performing functions related to the clinical aspects of a medical office. This course covers the following key areas and topics:
- An overview of healthcare & insurance industry
- Detailed review and practice using the alphabetic index and tabular list of the ICD- 9- CM, ICD-10-CM and practice coding examples within the CPT
- Medical ethics and legal aspects of patient contact
- Completing common insurance claim forms, tracing delinquent claims, and appealing denied claims
- The organization and use of the ICD-9- CM, ICD-10-C, CPT, and HCPCS manuals to identify codes
- Basic claims processes for medical insurance and third party reimbursements
- ICD -1- C M Overview
- HIPAA and Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)
6/3/19 - 8/7/19
- Mondays & Wednesdays: 6:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- Saturdays (6/22 & 7/20): 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
- (Course Contact Hours: 80 Hours)
- High School Transcript or G.E.D
- Assessment (Register here)
- Students must undergo a Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) check
- Proof of Immunizations
- Negative TB test (or chest x-ray)
After obtaining the practical work experience (6 months to 2 years), students who complete this course could be qualified to sit for the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) - Certified Professional Coder Exam (CPC) or Certified Outpatient Coder Exam (COC); the American Health Information Association (AHIMA) Certified Coding Associate (CCA) exam; and/or other National Certification Exams.
$1,899 (textbooks included)
To register or for more information:
Call: 857-701-1607 or http://bit.ly/rccellform