While MA’s state of emergency was lifted in mid-June, the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic is ongoing. The science is clear: to eliminate the possibility of future COVID-19 outbreaks, 70-90% of the population must be vaccinated. We are encouraging all RCC community members—faculty, staff, students, and the Greater Roxbury Community—to get the COVID-19 vaccine.
Everyone has a role to play in ending this pandemic, including the RCC Community. We are proud to participate in the White House & US Department of Education COVID-19 College Vaccine Challenge!
Protect Your Future. Get Vaccinated.
- The vaccines are not only safe, they’re saving lives.
- Most side effects are mild and last only a few days at the most.
- Even if you’ve already had COVID, reinfection is possible, so it’s important to get vaccinated.
- The best vaccine is the one you get. All approved vaccines are highly effective at preventing hospitalization and death from COVID.
Schedule Your Vaccination Appointment
Ready to schedule your appointment? Visit https://vaxfinder.mass.gov/ to find the vaccination site closest to you! You can filter the locations by vaccine brand, site type, and more. You can also contact your Primary Care Provider (PCP) for recommendations.
Note: RCC is working with healthcare partners to schedule pop-up vaccine clinics at the College. Additional information on the pop-up sites will be posted on this web page, soon.
Vaccination Incentive Program
The state and private companies want to reward you for receiving your vaccine! Vaccination incentive programs include:
- VaxMillions Giveaway – Massachusetts residents who are fully vaccinated can enter to win the following prizes:
- 5 people 18 or older will win $1 million
- 5 people 12-17 years old will win a college scholarship
- Free Uber and Lyft rides to and from vaccine appointments
- One free Krispy Kreme donut every day
- A chance to win tickets to SuperBowl LVI (NFL promo)
For a full list of all vaccination incentive programs, visit https://www.vaccines.gov/incentives.html.
RCC Vaccination Incentive Program – RCC Faculty, Staff, and Students Only
Need another good reason to get vaccinated? Starting in the fall 2021 semester, all RCC students, faculty, and staff are eligible for RCC’s Vaccination Incentive Program. All RCC community members who provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination(s) will receive a $50.00 gift card!
Students – Any student who is registered for a credit- or non-credit class after September 24, 2021, and provides information on their COVID-19 vaccination(s) is eligible to participate.
Staff (includes all faculty and staff members, regardless of full-time, part-time, or 03 status) – All staff members who provide information on their COVID-19 vaccination(s) by September 24, 2021 are eligible to participate.
All eligible RCC faculty, staff, and students who participate will receive a gift card. This is a voluntary incentive program – the College does not have a COVID-19 vaccination requirement at this time. Detailed information on how to participate in the voluntary incentive program will be published soon.
Still have questions?
We know that there’s a lot of information available on vaccines, and we respect that the decision on whether or not to get vaccinated is a deeply personal choice. Remember that in addition to consulting with your PCP, the CDC and MA DPH have scientific, non-partisan information on the COVID-19 vaccine.