Thursday, November 20, 2014, 09:30am - 10:30am
Contact Judith Kahalas (firstname.lastname@example.org) (617.427.0060)
Roxbury Community College to Host Harvard University Journalism Fellows
Guest Panelists Will Explore Behind The Lens: Who Does The News Speak For?
Among the topics for discussion:
- How is news constructed today, by whom and for what purpose?
- Why is there so little "good news" and a seeming preponderance of "bad news"?
- What are the effects of wide-ranging social media applications on traditional journalism?
- What are the future job prospects for writers, photo-journalists, bloggers and free-lancers?
- How much control is exerted by corporations in the gathering and dissemination of news?
- From the vantage point of our guests, what are the noteworthy trends and stories, local, national and international, that Americans should be following today?
Free and open to the public.
Location Media Arts Center main auditorium (Building 1)