NEXT SESSION: July 21, 2020 *ONLINE COURSE*
The ability to communicate clearly and effectively is an essential skill, regardless of your field. Acquire the confidence to communicate well as you learn to craft and improve your writing and oral presentations.
Throughout your course, you will:
- Study elements of effective communication: proofreading, clarity, organization, tone
- Identify and target your audience
- Develop brainstorming techniques to start writing
- Practice crafting the most common business formats: Emails, memos, and letters
- Learn to write more concisely and quickly
- Create effective PowerPoint slides to support a short presentation
- Understand basic graphic rules of thumb: color, background, text, images, formatting
- Have the opportunity to make a short presentation to put your newly acquired skills into practice
- Gain confidence to communicate verbally and/or in writing
6 weeks | Tuesdays, 6 - 8:30 pm | July 21 - August 25, 2020
We accept checks, money orders, credit and debit cards. (No cash)
Students should have basic computer skills. No additional textbooks are required to purchase.
To register or for more information:
Program Manager, Center for Workforce Development
*This is a non-credit course and runs subject to enrollment. We encourage early registrations.
Refunds: If you wish to drop the course and request a refund, you must submit a request by email at least one business day before the start of your first class. No refunds will be given after this time, and partial refunds will not be given for absences or scheduling conflicts.
If your course is canceled by the College due to low enrollment or for any other reason, your full amount paid will be refunded to you.