NEXT SESSION: September 2, 2020 *REMOTE COURSE*
*This course will be offered remotely. This means that there are scheduled class meeting times for students to utilize Zoom and access live instruction online*
This comprehensive 80-hour program will introduce students to ICD-10 guidelines, basic claims processes for medical insurance and third-party reimbursements, and specialty fields such as surgery, radiology, and laboratory. Students will become familiar with user manuals (CPT, ICD-10, and HCPCS) and learn how to match services and codes. Students will also learn to solve insurance billing problems, manually file claims, complete common insurance forms, trace delinquent claims, appeal denied claims, and streamline billing procedures.
14 weeks | Mondays and Wednesdays, 6:00 - 9:30 pm | September 2 – December 2, 2020
This includes the cost of text books. We accept checks, money orders, credit and debit cards. Financial aid and payment plans are not available.
- High School Transcript or G.E.D
- Students must undergo a Criminal Offense Registry Information (CORI) and Sexual Offense Registry Information (SORI) background check
- Academic Assessment
This course will prepare students for the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) - Certified Professional Coder Exam (CPC) or Certified Outpatient Coder Exam (COC); the American Health Information Association (AHIMA) Certified Coding Associate (CCA) exam.
- Complete your online application and email it to: EEverton@rcc.mass.edu
- Your Program Manager will contact you to schedule your assessment and go over your program requirements.
- Submit necessary documents to your Program Manager.
- You will receive an email with information on how to make your payment.
- Attend a new student orientation.
- After your bill has been paid, you will receive an email with class information one week before the start of class.
For More Information
Complete our Inquiry Form or contact our staff
Assistant Director, Center for Workforce Development
*This is a non-credit course and runs subject to enrollment. We encourage early registrations.*