NEXT SESSION: July 6, 2020 *ONLINE COURSE*
COMPREHENSIVE 270 HOUR PROGRAM
- 120 hours of classroom instruction, lab exercises, pharmacy calculations and hands-on training
- 150 hours of internship at CVS Pharmacy
Pharmacy Technician Training Overview:
This course introduces students to the theoretical knowledge and hands-on training necessary to work as pharmacy technicians in retail, hospital and fulfillment pharmacy settings. Topics include history of medicine, pharmacy terminology, prescription processing, and compounding, inventory management, and state and federal pharmacy regulation. RCC offers this course in partnership with CVS Pharmacy.
- High School Transcript or G.E.D
- Students must undergo a Criminal Offense Registry Information (CORI) and Sexual Offense Registry Information (SORI) background check
- Academic Assessment (RSVP HERE)
- Proof of Immunizations (TDap, MMR, Varicella, HepB, Meningococcal, & TB)
- Negative TB test (or chest x-ray)
Graduates will be prepared to take the National Pharmacy Technician Certification (PTCB) Exam. Upon passing the PTBC exam, graduates will be able to register as Pharmacy Technicians.
*Students who fail the PTBC exam have the opportunity to become registered Pharmacy Technicians by interning for 500 hours at a CVS pharmacy.
PHAR CSA-522 E1:
July 6, 2020 – August 22, 2020
Mondays-Wednesdays-Thursdays, from 6:00 – 9:30 pm,
Saturdays- from 9:00 – 4:30
Approved by the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Pharmacy
This course will prepare students for the National Pharmacy Technician Certification (PTCB) Exam.
$ 2,000 (Tuition and books)
We accept checks, money orders, credit cards, and debit cards; we do not accept cash.
To register or for more information: