NEXT SESSION: September 2, 2020 *HYBRID COURSE*
*This will be a hybrid course. This means that there are scheduled class meeting times for students to utilize Zoom and access live instruction online, as well as some in-person sessions*
This comprehensive 314 hour program will introduce students to the clinical responsibilities of a medical office. Topics covered include: Preparing patients for examination and treatment, routine laboratory procedures, diagnostic testing, the cardiac life cycles, ethics and the legal aspects of healthcare, pharmacology, electrocardiography, and the use of an EKG machine with proper lead placement. The certificate includes five components, to be completed within two semesters:
- Semester 1:
- Part 1: Clinical Medical Assisting - 55 Hrs (Fall 2020)
- Part 2: Phlebotomy - 55 Hrs (Fall 2020)
- Semester 2:
- Part 3: EKG - 30 Hrs (Spring 2021)
- Part 4: Work readiness and Externship - 174 Hrs (Spring 2021)
- Part 5: Test prep and Exam - 14 Hrs (Spring 2021)
16 weeks | Mondays and Wednesdays, 6:00 - 9:30 pm | September 2 – December 16, 2020
*This is the total amount for both semesters and includes books. Cost breakdown: $1,200 for Part 1, $1,200 for Part 2, and $600 for Part 3-5*
We accept checks, money orders, credit and debit cards. Financial aid and payment plans are not available.
- High School Transcript or G.E.D
- Students must undergo a Criminal Offense Registry Information (CORI) and Sexual Offense Registry Information (SORI) background check
- Academic Assessment
- Proof of Immunizations (TDap, MMR, Varicella, HepB, Meningococcal, & TB)
- Negative TB test (or chest x-ray)
This course will prepare students for the National Healthcare Association (NHA) Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) national examination.
- Complete your online application and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your Program Manager will contact you to schedule your assessment and go over your program requirements.
- Submit necessary documents to your Program Manager.
- You will receive an email with information on how to make your payment.
- Attend a new student orientation.
- After your bill has been paid, you will receive an email with class information one week before the start of class.
For More Information
*This is a non-credit course and runs subject to enrollment. We encourage early registrations.*