In collaboration with the mission statement of Roxbury Community College:
The Radiologic Technology Program prepares students for evidence-based practice in a rapidly changing, diverse health care environment supported by quality clinical facilities and instruction and a strong core curriculum in general education.
Program Goals and Student Learning Outcomes
Goal 1: Students will demonstrate competence in performing entry level medical radiography procedures.
- Students will efficiently, safely, and accurately position patients for exams.
- Students will demonstrate proper use of technical parameters appropriate to their level.
Goal 2: Students will demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Students will demonstrate problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Students will be able to evaluate radiographic images for acceptability.
Goal 3: Students will demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills.
- Students explain upcoming procedures and examinations professionally.
- Students demonstrate competence in writing
Goal 4: Students will demonstrate professional development.
- Students will demonstrate professionalism in the workplace.
- Students will demonstrate the knowledge of related disciplines available through continued education.
- Students will demonstrate a dedication to professional growth and development.